I read a fun book last summer written by Jeffrey Eugenides. It is called The Marriage Plot and is basically a love story between really smart people. One of those involved is a Divinity Studies major, so his love is very transcendent. Prominent among all the forms of prayer he tried was the Jesus Prayer, the same prayer that Franny Glass becomes obsessed with in J.D. Salinger’s Franny and Zooey.
Taking this as a sign, I decided to reread Franny and Zooey and was surprised by the humility of Salinger’s introduction to the text, above.
This post is part of my collaboration with Zeteo is Reading. To read more click here.
Read Bogotá 2009
- Good Reads (sydneycarlstrom.wordpress.com)
- Franny and Zooey: A Clueless Review On A Clever Book (allthingswordy.wordpress.com)
- Beginnings (dannyandchloe.wordpress.com)
- Goodbye Franny, Zooey, and Holden (bryanrutt.blogspot.com)
- Author Quote Posters (sjdecker.wordpress.com)